Have you experienced a special, inspiring trip?
Did you have an incredible story during a trip that you would like to tell?
Your city or region is magnificent and you want to share it with others by praising its merits?
Well, at SisterHome, we're very keen to hear your stories.
So we'd like you to share your experiences with us through an article that may be read by our entire community of solo travellers and hostesses!
If your article is approved by the team and published on our blog, it will even be rewarded with 400 Smiles. Heu... What are Smiles?
3 articles published? The Pass is offered to you.
We explain the different steps to follow (you'll see, it's very simple!)
Step 1: how to write an article?
1. Choose your theme
An anecdote, an experience, a testimony...
The topics are varied and really only depend on what you want to share.
An account of a solo trip, the discovery of a region that is close to your heart, feminist topics and commitment to women's emancipation...
The only limit is you.
My personal tip:
When my mind goes blank, I listen to songs and music which motivate me. From Verdi's operas to the Beatles, anything is good to find inspiration!
2. Respect a writing style
If you read the different articles on the blog you will recognise a certain style which appears regularly.
There are several ways to get closer to it:
- Avoid texts too poetic, slangy or vulgar
- Think about what might be offensive before you write it and don't be too judgmental
- Don't mix languages too much but don't hesitate to quote monuments or specialties in their original language
- And finally, hunt for spelling and grammatical errors (of course, a few typos can slip through the net, nobody is perfect!)
3. Check the word count
You are only asked to write a minimum of 600 words.
You'll see, once you start writing, the words follow one another... And you suddenly find yourself with an article much longer than you thought!
So 1000, 2000 or 3000 words... To each his own inspiration.
4. Add images
A few quality photos to illustrate your text are always a good way to support the reading.
All we ask is that the photos you share are free of rights (so you can use your own photos if you agree to have them published).
Step 2: how to submit my article to the SisterHome team
Follow these few steps and it's done.
1. Go to the SisterHome website and log in to your account
2. Click on the "blog" section in the menu and then on the little feather at the bottom of your screen.
3. Fill in the various forms:
- Title of your article,
- Language (French, unless you want to write in English, which would be to your credit),
- Cover photo (copyright free please!), to be retrieved from your computer folders,
- Theme of your article,
- Tags (3 maximum)
- And finally, the content of your article.
4. Click on "create article" and then on "suggest to the front page".
And TADAM, your article is ready to be reviewed by our team.
Do you notice an error or a missing element? Don't panic: you can always modify your text.
It will remain accessible from your profile.
Step 3: What next?
Send us your cookies to 9 rue Darbon 33000 in Bordeaux and we may publish your article...
Ok ok, that was a joke, we love cookies but you don't have to send us any. We'll read your article and if it meets all the criteria and we like it, we'll publish it on our blog and send you a message.
Please note, however, that in this case, you agree that we can make some changes to it.
The content and the heart of your article will not change, of course. We will only make some finishing touches (spelling, keywords, subtitle, etc.).
Now that I've explained everything to you, all that's left is to wait for your cookies, er, sorry... To encourage you to take your pen and share your best stories with us!