Apprehensions are gone, we live the moment fully. Where does all this self confidence come from? From the challenges we face alone. From our instinct that is sharpened. From the unknown towards which we turn, and which opens its doors to us.
The world is full of great surprises, you just need to know how to seize them.
On the programme: you, but not only! Taste this escape which winks at you, with the with the re-discovery of yourself and break your daily routine with unexpected encounters.
When you travel alone, you are in control of your decisions. The hassles? Unavoidable! It is these travel anecdotes that often forge the best memories.
Alone, you will discover that confidence is within you. Believe in yourself, listen to yourself, the world awaits you with open arms.
Thanks to NomadSister, you will find the right hostesses for your trip - supportive women who will guide you in your quest for freedom.
Register, complete your profile
Buy a pass
Contact the hostesses and travel
Thanks to the Pass, contact our volunteer hostesses.
There is no charge for accommodations afterwards.
Your Pass renewed free of charge for the desired period:
You have been unable to use your Pass for at least ⅓ of its duration.
Based on your doctor's recommendation, you were unable to travel during ⅓ of the duration of your Pass.
None of our hostesses could host you despite you sent out at least 5 requests while following our recommendations
They are women who live alone, with a partner or with their family, and are only volunteers.
They registered on NomadSister to provide a warm shelter to solo female travellers. As they are engaged in contributing to this community, they will be able to guide you and share their world with you. Next time you travel, think about them!.
They’ll warmly open their doors to you, so don’t hesitate to ask them about what they expect from you. They are all different, and their nice gestures and expectations are very personal.Become a hostess
We have a team in place to moderate and to verify profiles at every stage of registration.
All profiles that do not meet the criteria for registration and use can be flagged, suspended or sent back for validation. This represents a cost covered by the purchase of the passes.
The platform has been designed from the first steps of registration, through the individual validation of profiles, to the follow-up of travel announcements to ensure maximum security, trip after trip.
Our hostesses are validated only validated after checking up their profiles and are regularly evaluated.
Our hosts around the world are trusted women who provide you a safe place in their homes without the incentive of money. They are kind and generous people who genuinely want to make sure you feel safe in their homes and to welcome you as a friend in their countries. We encourage you to show your respect, communicate with your host, try to get to know her better. Most importantly, do not consider the accommodation as a way to not pay for a hotel. Instead, consider it as a way to gain an authentic experience with your host.
Why not learn some useful phrases in her mother tongue or bring her some specialties from your country? Why not surprise her by cooking her a meal? You have some skills or hidden talents in music, yoga, aromatherapy…? Share your knowledge with her!
At NomadSister, we encourage humane interaction and cultural exchanges. We want our members to share the same values and go beyond a simple hostess/traveller relationship: we wish to create bonds.
You do not pay for accommodation. You pay for the profile verification system. Your security is our top priority and that is why we implement a thorough profile verification process. We verify each profile of our hosts and we have a dedicated team to carry it out. The process of verification is a continuous work, which is proportional to the number of users, therefore it takes time and costs money. Website maintenance, website improvement and your data protection also represent substantial costs.
- 1. To feel safe - With NomadSister, you will never really be alone. In fact, you will meet lots of amazing and trustworthy women who will be happy to welcome you into their homes as a friend. This way, you will have better information and tips about your destination, the local culture and places to avoid. Thanks to our unique system of profile verification and monitoring, we are able to develop a caring community, based on mutual help. - 2. To meet people and live authentic experiences - Accommodations on NomadSister are free. You won't be considered as a customer by our hosts. You will be welcomed by generous women who simply want to encourage the globetrotters/ adventurers, and meet these inspiring people like you.
Our hostesses are all trustworthy women: when they confirm a request, they will normally not cancel it. However, in case of an unexpected event (which could happen), the hostess may have to cancel her confirmation before your arrival. Therefore, we recommend you to always have a backup plan. In case of last minute cancellation, please report your situation to our team and we will help you find a safe solution.
Of course you can! We are glad you asked! Our vision at NomadSister is to create a globally trusted platform that connects solo female travellers with hostesses. We need YOU to help the community grow! You will certainly meet many hosts who will show their generosity that will inspire you to become a hostess as well.
Our profile verification process is innovative because it’s hybrid - both manual and automated with an initial full process of verifications, as well as continuous verification.
● Initial profile verification process:
You will be asked to upload a profile picture as well as an ID card on our website. For verification to succeed, the name displayed on your ID must match with the information you've provided on your profile.
● Continuous verification process:
1. We will carry out continuous profile verification process on each member. Including the recent login activity for your account to verify that login attempts were made by you. In addition, we will send you an e-mail each time there is a suspicious attempt to sign into your account. Our team will help you in that case.
2. If you host or are hosted by a member of NomadSister, you can choose to "announce the trip". You will receive after that an e-mail with the option to file a report if you encounter a problem. We will receive this report immediately, and react as quickly as possible.
Our safety team works hard to monitor the website, insure the safety of all our members and handle any problems quickly.
You can delete your account at any time. Please note that if you change your mind, you will not be able to recover it. If you wish to re-create a new account after deleting your current one, you will have to go through our verification system again, as a new member. If you still wish to do so, you will find the option ‘delete your account’ in the settings section on your profile.
You can contact the technical services at firstname.lastname@example.org. The delay of response to some questions cannot be guaranteed. However our team will try to reply within 48 hours during week days.
There are plenty of homestay platefrom. However, we can still hear stories from female travellers complaining about their bad experiences with their hosts, mostly related to their personal safety... It’s the fact that solo female travellers are more easily exposed to personal security issue when compared with male counterparts. We want to change that by simply providing an alternative option – a homestay service that is SAFE and reserved for WOMEN only. Beyond women solidarity, it is about gender equality. Think about your daughter or any woman you care about. They want to explore the world alone and now they have a choice to be hosted by trusted women. Wouldn't you feel more reassured? It’s a project dedicated to solo female travellers, yet it’s for EVERYONE!
If NomadSister is only for women, it's not because we don’t like men, nor are we trying to separate the world in two. No, not at all. We all have had good and bad experiences during our travel with people, men just like women.
1. There are already a lot of choices when it comes to homestay platform dedicated to men and women. Yet, none of these are dedicated for women only. That’s why NomadSister is created to offer an alternative choice for women who wish to be hosted by women only, and it’s for everyone who believes in the need of a safer environment for women.
2. We want to encourage more women to travel. We think that as long as you are cautious, being female shouldn’t stop you from seeing the world. We’ve heard of lots of stories of women who have backpacked through India, hitchhiked around Afghanistan and explored other places alone where women aren’t treated like equals, and/ or often sexually harassed. However, the harsh truth is that women experience travel differently. Women have to deal with sexual harassment and personal safety issues much more frequently than men do. Women don’t even have basic human rights in some cultures. Having said that, we are aware that men may have to deal with these issues under certain circumstances. Yet, women are undeniably more easily exposed to these issues than men are.
Yes. However, you will need to ask your hostess before you make a request to stay with her. As long as she is OK with it, it’s fine with us. However, as a respectful guest, you’re entirely responsible for your kid.
If you are travelling with your friends, you only need one pass. Your friends must all have a valid member account and be identified when sending accommodation requests. The Pass holder is responsible for the trip and must ensure that her friends comply with our Terms and Conditions.
A female traveller is not allowed to:
- use a Pass in her name that is not hers.
- stay with a hostess without the Pass holder.
As a consequence:
- If the Pass holder can no longer travel, the trip is cancelled for everyone, unless another traveller has a Pass.
- if a traveller arrives at a hostess' house without the Pass holder, for whatever reason, the hostess is not obliged to host her.
Up to the age of 14. Beyond that, boys are physically mature.